Thursday, May 2, 2013

Waiting for Beer...

We live in such an instantaneous gratification culture. I'm waiting for my beer to be done. I bottled an Amber Ale the other day, with Belgian Special B, Caramel 40l, Red Wheat, Northern Brewer bittering and Smaragd Aroma, with cracked coriander for the flavor addition. I've got this Saison aging over in the corner of the kitchen. I've got time, sure. I've got a long week and weekend of work ahead, with two deadlines piling on top of each other along with a part-time gig I picked up for steadier cash than freelancing. I'm waiting, though, for something to come through and be ready to drink. The Amber Ale will at least be the sort of thing I can sip for a while, without aging it or feeling bad for drinking it early. In another week, I should find a glass of beer quite drinkable at the end of my hectic workweek.

I tried a new yeast out, for this one, but I can't find a record of what it was. It was a Danstar dry yeast, probably BRY-97 West Coast Ale. Here's what the yeast cake looked like...


Soon... 

Wise men sing, "Waiting is the hardest part!"

No comments:

Post a Comment