Thursday, November 15, 2012

Smells like sushi?

I'm about to bottle a beer that ended up having to be fermented with some bread yeast, or nothing at all, because the yeast I originally pitched had died after a few days of no activity. I ended up pitching bread yeast out of necessity.

I'm bottling it in about an hour.

It smells like sushi.

It's too early to judge any brew until it's been bottle-conditioned. But, I am definitely glad I got a new shipment in so I can brew something properly. Because it smells like sushi with the bread yeast on bottling day. I don't know what will happen in a couple weeks. But, I have very low expectations. It came out at a massively sweet 11 brix (1.042 fg)

The dregs are basically a sugar-bomb. I'll be baking bread with this, then, and never, ever drinking it. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment